11.10.20

Third time's a charm.

 There's something special about the third time - with my third baby, I savoured every moment; cos I knew this was the last. I was also more confident, I knew what to do; I knew the drill.

The third wave of the corona virus outbreak has hit us, and ironically; I welcome the slower pace of life with open arms. 

I wake up early to clean the house before anyone's awake; set it up for the day, switch on the diffuser with something bright and happy; citrusy or minty - depending on what we have planned. Then, I switch on some music, make some coffee, take time to do my devotion, journal maybe, check on social media, do the laundry, prepare breakfast, have a bath...

And they all roll out of beds one by one.

Then back to their rooms to make their beds, have their baths... and we gather for breakfast. The day has started.

I like this. I thank God for this weird year. God keeps allowing the pause button to get hit - there must be something we are not getting.

1 Thessalonians 5 :16-18 says

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...