1.10.20

James

I've always 'prayed' and quoted James 1:5, asking God for wisdom and reminding Him that He said He will give it freely.

However, its only today I realised verse 3. I've always turned to Hebrew 11 when my faith needs to be fed, and turned to James 1:5 when my brain needed to be fed. So segmented!

It starts with saying  whenever trouble comes our way, to consider it joy! Huh! No wonder I skimmed pass.

But then it says; For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything! and then, relating to the testing of the faith mentioned above, it says if you need wisdom, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking (oooooohhhhh, not for passing exams!)

If I have another son, I'd like to call him James. I love this book THAT much! But I'm not; so let's stick with unpacking this treasure.

The same verses read at different times, tells us different things; which is why the word of God never grows old. I've been going through a particularly faith testing season. Sometimes, I'm so discouraged that I turn to social media or window shopping online; just to keep my mind occupied. I have unanswered questions and issues that I don't know how to make sense of; or to deal with; or even to answer to when I'm asked about it. Just blank - like how is this even possible?

Almost everyday, I ask myself - are we being judgemental, are we being self righteous, what is the log in our eye that's blocking our vision? I toss and turn, because even when a toxic relationship ends, there's still hurt; as it's always been love that allowed this relationship to go on for so long.

And today God tells me that my endurance has a chance to grow now; for me to be strong in character. I don't have the answers; this book is so power packed that I cannot digest more than a few verses at a time - but I do feel lighter. 

It doesn't say when we are tested - it says when our faith is tested. When we start to question what we believe in, when people we look up to fall short, when we don't know where to turn to, or who to talk to - that we have no choice but to dig into the word of God - that's when our endurance has a chance to grow. 

And while we are in this faith testing, endurance growing, character building season - help is only a prayer away. 

Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...