8.6.21

Conflicting Statements....

James 1: 2-5

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be matureand complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 

So this is a verse that's very hard to digest. Who in their right mind would be happy, when we face trials?

I've been going through a particularly rough patch lately... where I feel numb, no tears left, no words left, a sense of hopelessness and really, seeing a situation before me that I feel is impossible....

Then Jim Brickman's 'My Valentine' plays from my playlist and I'm reminded of how this is the song I chose to dedicate to my husband on our wedding.... and the words remind me that I have a chance now to show him that this song wasn't a random selection....

And it makes me happy....

And I'm reminded too, that James 1: 6 goes on to say... But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Just like that; I'm happy - because God's working on me, and because I get to show my husband that 

If there were no words
No way to speak
I would still hear you
If there were no tears
No way to feel inside
I'd still feel for you
And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart
Until the end of time

You're all I need, my love, my Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...