5.6.21

Carpets

So we went carpet shopping some time back, and other than my blog name, can you tell I love carpets? It can make a room that's looking bare and cold, look warm and cozy, it makes you want to sprawl on the floor and read a book, or relax. It takes you to another place and time. We found out recently, when we went carpet shopping, that there are so many types of carpets! Machine woven, hand woven, silk, wool, the list goes on.

But like every thing, its beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; to some, it's just somewhere you sweep all the dirt under, and to some it's a thing of beauty. The thing is - people who appreciate its value will not sweep dirt under it; but instead, treat it with care to preserve its value and beauty.

When all people want is letting a house 'appear clean', they don't have a reason to actually roll the carpet up and clean underneath it; but when someone wants a 'clean house', they will.

So you see, it's a matter of perception and what do we really want? I want to be authentic. I never have been one who cares about appearances - I always cared about how things really are. When I'm dead, let it be said, that the only thing I ever hurt - was someone's ego; because I choose to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...