27.11.11

Home is where you're loved the most.

With all the things that's been going on the past 2 weeks, I've been extremely homesick. Today, we went back to visit my family after the longest time and it felt like going to... Disneyland.

Somehow, going back to my family house, seeing my parents and siblings and just being there makes me feel so happy; without a care in the world, and 10 years younger - in a good way.

I realised that no matter how nice (or not) they are, in laws will always be in laws. You may call them mum or dad but they're not (your mum or dad). For someone like me, who lives in fairyland where the princesses get married and live happily ever after, this is something I'm starting to learn. As my aunty mentioned earlier, the honeymoon is coming to an end and reality is creeping in.

So I need to wake up and make my reality a dream. After all, my prince is still charming and my son is still a cherub. I have the awesome responsibility of making their home into a bubble of love and comfort where they will feel like they're in Disneyland.

That's my role. I'm a homemaker, my job is to turn my house into a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...