8.7.18

Let Go and Let God

It’s so hard to not be in control, to not be in the driving seat. We’ve just got to strap up and have faith.
I’ve been an unhappy participant in my life for almost a year now, and most days I’ve been just going about doing things that need to be done to get through the day so I can sleep. It’s not been fun, it’s frankly been depressing and I really feel like I don’t know where we are headed or how are we getting there. 
I’ve not been able to pray, to play, to dream, to laugh; without a leach sucking my happiness and it’s presence, though not painful, drains blood and is a disturbance. 

Why do I allow it to affect me so?

I know nothing will happen to me, I know I can continue on my journey undisturbed. I need to focus my eyes on Jesus. I need to trust my husband that he knows what he’s doing and he will protect me. 
Lord please help this stubborn, control freak to  surrender and to trust you. Please teach me to lean on you. Please give me back my rest, my laughter and most of all... your peace & favour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine needs New Wineskin

"No one puts new wine into old wineskins. The wine would burst the wineskins, spilling the wine, and ruining the skins. New wine needs ...